WhatsApp is a mobile application that provides many features to the users like share the status in the form of pictures, videos or text.
Many WhatsApp users complained about the issue My WhatsApp status not showing to my friends. This issue mainly occurs when you set the privacy in your WhatsApp app, your WhatsApp app is outdated, etc.
You can easily solve the issue WhatsApp status not showing with the help of this content.
Solutions to fix the issue your status not showing to your friends:
If you are not able to see the status of your friends on your WhatsApp then there are number of reasons behind this problem.
To fix this issue, follow the solutions given below:
Check your contact list:
This is possible that you are not saved the phone numbers of your friends on your phone that’s why your friends are not able to see your WhatsApp status. So, you have to make sure that you are saved your friend’s phone number in your phone.
Update the WhatsApp application:
This is also possible that your WhatsApp version is outdated that’s why the issue Whatsapp status not showing occurs. To update the WhatsApp application, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, you need to go to the google play store.
- Then type WhatsApp in the search bar of the Google play store and tap on it.
- At last, tap on the update option to update the WhatsApp application.
- Check the account privacy:
You need to check the account privacy to fix the issue status not showing. To check the account privacy, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, open the WhatsApp application in your device.
- Then go to the Settings in WhatsApp.
- After this, you need to tap on the accounts
- Then tap on the privacy
- At last, tap on the status privacy option and then you can see three options: My contacts, My contacts except, and Only share with…
Here we are going to tell you about these three options:
If you select this option then all your contacts are able to see your WhatsApp status.
My contacts except…
If you select this option then you also need to select some contacts from your contacts list and those selected contacts are not allowed to see your WhatsApp status.
Only share with…
If you select this option then you also need to select some contacts from your contact list and only selected contacts are allowed to see your WhatsApp status.
So, you need to select one option from these three options according to you and this will resolve the issue WhatsApp status not showing.
Reinstall your WhatsApp application:
To reinstall the WhatsApp app in your device, follow the steps given below:
- Delete the existing WhatsApp app from your device.
- Then go to the google play store.
- Type WhatsApp in the search bar of the Google play store and click on it.
- Now, click on the install button to download or install the WhatsApp application in your device.
These above solutions work to fix the issue WhatsApp status not showing to others.