Whatsapp is a social media platform, most people aware of this tool. WhatsApp has many features which is used on a smartphone. You can also log in your WhatsApp on desktop or laptop by using the WhatsApp web. By using WhatsApp you can send text messages, images, videos, and files to your WhatsApp contact. You can also do audio call as well as video call through WhatsApp.
WhatsApp has end to end encryption to secure your data and communication. It has privacy like, Your WhatsApp profile picture is only seen to your WhatsApp contact number and it has one feature also like you can upload your status and it shows only those who are on that list.
Some of the WhatsApp users report that they troubled with WhatsApp call means WhatsApp call not working on their device. Read this full article to resolve this error.
Solution to fix WhatsApp call not working
Here are many solutions to resolve this issue. Follow the below-given steps:
Check your internet connection
The most and preferable cause for WhatsApp call not working is your internet connection. If your internet connection is slow or limited connectivity then you get this error. So make sure that your internet connectivity is good, if there are any problems then try to connect with your cellular data if you use Wi-Fi or vice-versa. Again try a WhatsApp call to check it works properly.
Restart your WhatsApp
If you got error that WhatsApp call not working and you don’t have any idea that what was the cause because it never shows you any error code pop-up. So, forcefully close your WhatsApp and also remove it from the background. To remove it from the background, touch the middle button of your Android device which shows you all background working apps, remove it from there. Again open your Whatsapp and make a call to check it work properly.
Restart your android device
If you are getting frustrated because your WhatsApp call not connected so restart your Android device to remove this issue. It is a simple step but sometimes by rebooting devices it can solve the problem. Go with the below steps:
If you use WhatsApp on Android device then follow the below steps:
- First of all, press and hold down the power button until a menu shows on your screen.
- Now, click on restart option and wait for a while to reboot your device.
- You can also press and hold down the power button until it completely shut down.
- Once again, press and hold down the power button for a while to restart your device.
- Open WhatsApp, and check it will work properly.
If you use the iOS device for WhatsApp then do these steps:
- At first, press and hold down the sleep button, a slider screen shows to you.
- Slide the slider on the right side to switch off your iPhone.
- Again, press and hold down the sleep button, apple logo shows to you after rebooting your iPhone.
- Open your WhatsApp and make a call to confirm it works properly.
Allow permission for WhatsApp call
Now a day, android devices make features for some permission settings which control over which app use which hardware and phone resources. It may be possible that you are able to connect a call but another person cannot hear you then most probably you have not allowed your microphone permission, if the other people not able to see your face on a video call that means you did not allow the camera permission. So, without doing any troubleshooting steps simply allow permission to your WhatsApp. Follow the below steps to allow permission:
- Open Settings on your device by tapping on the settings icon which is at the top of your screen.
- Navigate to apps and select WhatsApp.
- Now, select permissions and turn on the entire permission toggle.
- Open your WhatsApp and check it works properly.
Clear your WhatsApp cache
Due to cache we also face a problem. As we know, Android apps make cache on the internal storage due to fast loading and memory management, sometimes this cache gets in bulk and corrupted which causes bad app behavior and also crashes it. Remove the WhatsApp to fix this problem.
- Tap on settings icon from your device to open settings.
- Navigate to apps and select WhatsApp.
- Click on storage and click on clear cache
- Now, you can see WhatsApp works properly.
Update your WhatsApp with the latest version
Always try to keep updated your all install app in your device. If it is an outdated version then it may also cause the error. After updating it will fix all bugs and provide some new features. So, update your WhatsApp with the latest version to fix WhatsApp call not working. Go through the below steps:
- At first open Playstore on your device.
- Now, tap on the three lines which is at the left top corner of the screen.
- After that, tap on My apps and games.
- Now, a list of all app updates shows to you.
- Click on All Update option which is at the top right of the screen.
- Once the update is finished, open WhatsApp and check error is fixed.
- At first, launch the Appstore on your device.
- Click on the Update icon which is at the bottom right.
- Now, the list of all apps will be shown which have updates.
- Click on Update All which is at the top right of the screen.
- Open WhatsApp and check WhatsApp call not working will be resolved now.
If you ever faced WhatsApp call not working, then read this full article carefully and apply the above-mentioned methods to fix this problem. You can also call our experts if you have any doubt.
Read more blogs here: Steam error 118