Steam service is a popular video game digital distribution platform that enhances gaming skills. Users who like playing games the first and best choice for them are steam service to test gaming skills.
But sometimes an error occurred named steam service error. This error occurred when launching the steam service on your system. This error mainly occurs when there are some corrupted files available in your system.
Solutions to fix steam service error
To fix this error, follow the solutions given below:
Run Steam as an administrator in your computer:
For this process, go through the steps given below:
- First of all, locate the steam shortcut or executable on your computer and open the properties of steam service.
- In the Properties Window, click on the compatibility tab.
- Then you need to check the box referred to Run this program as an administrator.
- After this, click OK and Apply to save changes that you made.
- Then close the Window from your system.
If the steam service error still appears then go to the next solutions.
Repair the steam client service in your system
Repair the steam client service to fix this error. For this procedure, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, press the Windows key + R to open Run box in your system.
- Then type cmd in the dialog box of run box.
- After this, press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys to open the command prompt.
- Then choose run it as administrator.
- Then click on the steam shortcut that appeared on your desktop.
- Then choose the option open file location from the context menu.
- After this, click on the address bar and copy the path that is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\SteamService.exe.
- Use that default path to run the command but before that make sure you replace the default path with your own path when running the command.
- At final, open the steam service again and check the steam service error still persists or not.
If the error still persists then go for the next solutions.
Check the steam service startup types
For this procedure, go through the steps given below:
- Press Windows key + R key to open the run dialog box in your system.
- Then type msc in the search bar of run box.
- Press the Enter
- After this, Search the steam client service from the services list.
- Then click on the steam client service and click on the
- If the service started, users need to stop it by clicking the stop button shown under the service status.
- Set the startup type to automatic on your system.
- At last, you have to click OK and Apply to save changes.
Reinstall the steam service client
To fix the steam service error, reinstall the steam service client. To reinstall the steam service client, follow the steps given below:
- First of all, open the control panel in your system.
- Select add or remove programs option from the control panel.
- Then select steam from the appeared list.
- After this, click on the application and click on the remove button.
- Then select next to move forward towards the next Window.
- After this, a new window is opened and you need to click on the finish and uninstall option to uninstall the steam service.
- Restart your system and download and install the steam service client from the official site.
These above solution works to remove the steam error.