Almost every person who is a regular player of video games on the PC is familiar with the name Steam. Steam is a gaming platform that is most popular among all the gaming platforms available today.
Steam supports a wide range of gaming categories that make it a top choice for gamers as they can download numerous titles here. Online gamers need to have screenshots of the game they play because of many reasons. They can use those screenshots to claim copyrights.
The screenshots play significant roles in acquiring important information. Moreover, screenshots are used to report some bugs that you may encounter while playing video games. Playing games on steam is really a nice experience.
The most interesting feature of steam is that it allows you to take the screenshots whenever you have reached some milestone in your game or whenever you win something.
In case, you are one of the users of Steam and you are wondering about how to access the steam screenshot folder, this article is for you. Here, we will be discussing the ways to access the steam screenshot folder in detail. We will also discuss some other crucial issues to make your gaming experience even better.
Before going further, you should keep in mind that the presence of some malware in your PC can corrupt some important folders that would become a reason to ruin your entire gaming experience. So, we recommend you to have some anti-virus software while setting up your PC for gaming.
Taking a screenshot while playing a game:
While you are playing any game and you are in the need to take a screenshot, all you need to do is to press the F12 button on your keyboard. After pressing the F12 on your screen, you will see the Screenshot manager on your screen.
(This is an inbuilt feature of steam to take screenshots). This feature enables the users to sort images as they prefer. Users can also share the screenshots without quitting the program. It will be convenient if you have a separate folder for each game and store the screenshots in the respective folders.
How to access the steam screenshot folder:
Now that you have known about how to take and sort screenshots on your Steam, it is time to know about the ways you can access the steam screenshot folder. Here, we will be discussing some ways you can access the screenshot folder in steam. Follow the instructions mentioned below:
- In the upper-left corner of the screen, you will find an option called Click on it.
- Then, select Screenshots from the list of options.
- After clicking on it, you will be able to view the screenshots that are saved in the software program.
There is another way you can view the screenshots you have taken from the games by following the steps mentioned below:
- Follow the path C:\Program Files\Steam\users data\AccountID\760\remote\
After you have reached this folder, you will see special folders for every game that you have on your Steam. The names of those folders are some numerals. You can find the screenshots after opening one of those folders and then selecting the folder named Screenshots. You have got complete knowledge about how to access the steam screenshot folder.
Changing the Steam Screenshot destination folder:
There are several reasons when someone wants to change the destination where the screenshots are saved on their PC. If you wish to change the destination folder then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Navigate the path C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\userData\AccountID\760.
- Here, you will find a folder called Remote. Delete this folder.
- Open the command prompt as (To open the command prompt as administrator you have to type command prompt in the search bar at the bottom-left corner of the screen. Then, right-click on the option command prompt and select the option run as administrator)
- Once the command prompt has opened, type the following command: mklink/D “C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\userdata\AccountID\760\Remote\””XXX”
- Type the path of the folder where you want to save the screenshots in the place of XXX
Now, you have modified the path to save screenshots
In case you are wondering what is Steam ID, don’t worry follow the steps mentioned below to know your Steam ID:
- Click on the option View from the top menu.
- Select Settings and then click on the option Interface.
- Select the option Display Steam URL address when available, then, click on OK.
- Click on your Steam profile
- Choose profile from the drop-down menu.
- Here, you will see a long-form number that is your Steam ID.
We have discussed all the necessary information about the screenshots and the steam screenshot folders. But, if you find any difficulty related to your Steam platform, feel free to contact us through our website and the other contact details provided below. We have got a team of experts to solve all your issues related to your PC and phone.