Steam is Digital Video Games distribution platform used by many gamers around the world. It is being used to buy, download and play games. It has a store for available games and offers. Many times, the users face problems like Steam error code-105.
Reasons for the Error Code 105 in Steam
There are many reasons for steam error code 105, some of them are discussed below:
AdBlocker: many times, an Ad blocking software from your browsers or a stand-alone application interferes and prevents the proper functioning of steam.
DNS Settings: If the DNS configurations of the Internet Connection are corrupted or changed, it results in this error.
Improper Internet Connection: a poor internet connection, creates issues when the user tries to open the store on Steam client.
Methods to fix Steam error code 105
We are discussing some simple fixes to solve steam error code 105, which are described below:
Power cycling Internet Router
Many times, the internet connection is unstable or slow. To fix it, quickly reinitialize the Internet Router. Follow these steps to power cycle the Internet Router:
- Remove the “Power Cord” of the Internet Router.
- Plug the cord back in after five minutes.
- Now, wait till you get back Internet Access.
- Launch steam and check if the issue is solved or not.
If the DNS Settings are corrupted, they prevent certain elements of the Steam Client from working in a proper manner. Follow these steps to initialize the DNS settings:
- Press the “Windows” + “R” keys simultaneously from your keyboard.
- In the run box, type “cmd”
- Press “enter“.
- Type this command inside the “Command Prompt” window: ipconfig /flushdns
- Hit “Enter.” Wait until the process is completed.
- Run the Steam client and see if the issue is solved or not.
Disable Ad Blocker Add-on
Many times, Ad Blockers installed on the system interfere with a bug and prevent certain features from working. Follow these steps to disabling the Ad-blocker Add-on for the Browser:
- Go to “Menu” option at the top right corner.
- Move the pointer over the “More Tools” option.
- Select “Extensions” from the list displayed.
- Select the toggle in front of the “Ad Blocker” extension in order to disable it
- Open steam client and see if the problem is solved or remains there.
- Go to the “Menu” icon in the top right corner. Click on it and select “Add ons” from the list.
- Select the “Ad Blocker” extension.
- Click on the “Disable” option.
- Open the Steam Client and check to see if the issue is solved.
Microsoft Edge users:
- Go to the “Settings” icon at the top right corner.
- Select “Extensions” option
- Go to the “Ad Blocker” extension and click on the “Disable” option.
- Open and Run the Steam Client to check if the problem is still there.
Uninstall Ad Blocker Application
An Ad blocker application on your computer also interferes with the Steam Client and prevents it from worki8ng properly. Follow the steps discussed below to uninstall the AdBlocker Application:
- Press the “Windows” + “R” key simultaneously from your keyboard to open the run dialog box.
- Type “appwiz.cpl“ in the run box.
- Scroll through the list to find the AdBlocker that you are using. Double click on that Adblocker.
- Select “yes” on the prompt.
- Now follow the prompts.
- Wait till the program gets uninstalled.
- Open and Run the Steam Client to see if the problem is solved.
If still, you face any problem, take the help of customer support, they are available round the clock. Call on their toll-free number to get assistance.
Read more: Fix Steam Error Code 118