It may happen that you are trying to update any Windows but you get failed and get error code 80070103. No need to worry, it is a common error that generally occurs while you update your Windows.
Cause of the error code 80070103
Various reasons available behind the error code 80070103. Some of them are mentioned below:
- If you are trying to install the same device driver that you already installed in your computer before, at such times, this type of error appears.
- If you use an outdated or corrupted device driver then there is more chance to get error code 80070103.
- Whenever you are trying to update your Windows Operating System and you get this error code 80070103 then the error is always either a proxy issue or an internal conflict issue.
- If you are trying to install a device driver that is not completely compatible with your computer then it may also cause the error code 80070103.
Solutions to fix error code 80070103
Here are many solutions available to if this error but before this, you have to know which device driver exactly causes the problem. So, follow the below-given steps:
Search which device driver causes this error:-
Before going for further procedure, you have to know the exact device driver which causes this error code 80070103.
- First of all, go to Start Menu and type Windows Update in the search box.
- Now, click on the Windows Update or Check for Updates
- After that, tap on the view update history.
- Now, you can search the “specific failed device driver” which is at the top.
Once you find the exact device driver which causes the issue then go for further steps.
Update that device driver
Once you locate the exact driver device then update it. You can update it in the two ways, manually and automatically.
Manually update the device driver
You have to know computer skills and more times with the patient. So do it:
- At first, navigate to the device manufacturer’s website.
- Now, search and download the latest device driver from the official website.
- After that, install the device driver on your PC.
- Now, reboot your computer to make the new driver effective.
- Go and update your Windows and check if the error has been fixed.
Automatically update the device driver
If you don’t have computer skills to update your device manually or more time and
patient, then you can update the device driver automatically by use of Driver Easy. It
will recognize your system itself and search all the available correct device drivers for
your computer and install them correctly.
- At first, download and install Driver Easy.
- Now, run Driver easy and tap on Scan Now
- After tapping on this, it will scan your device and detect if any suspicious is available.
- Now, tap on the Update button next to any flagged driver to automatically download and install the correct version of that driver.
- Once, the updating process is complete, restart your PC and update your Windows and check if the error has been fixed.
Hide the updates
Hide the Windows update to fix the error code 80070103. It is a reliable method and many users also report that this trick is so helpful to fix this error. So, for avoiding Windows update from proceeding the installation, you can simply hide the updates.
- At first, tap on the Start icon and open Run dialogue box.
- Now, type Windows Update.
- After that, click on the Windows Update or Check for Updates
- You should search for and choose Updates are Available link
- Now, tap on the Optional button and click on the Select the Updates then Install
- Tap on the Update that you want to hide, so simply click on the Hide Update
- Now, tap on the OK option as well as the Install Update button to install the extra updates that are selected before.
- Now, restart your PC and update Windows to see if error code 80070103 has been resolved.
In this blog, we discussed to fix error code 80070103 which is occurred when you update Windows. If you troubled with this issue then follow all the above-mentioned steps to fix this issue. I hope, it is helpful for you. For more queries, call to our expert team. You will get an instant solution with a short time period.
Read more: Windows 10 Screensaver not Working